Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Problem Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Using one of the latest development builds I can play the game at 100% speed but for some reason the fps is really really low(see image), anyone knows the best settings to fix this? Btw this also happens in dolphin 4.0.2.

I am using windows 7 64 bits Intel Core i5-2430M, 2.4GHz 8gb ram.

[Image: baldur_zpsb1590251.png]
Are you using XFB? Make sure the game is not corrupt.
(09-16-2014, 05:55 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using XFB? Make sure the game is not corrupt.

Thanks a lot that worked!! I enabled the external frame buffer option and selected real and the fps is now 60!
It appears I was fooled, setting xfb to real changes the fps value to 60 but the fps is still low, the onscreen fps counter stills displays fps as 9. Has anyone experienced low fps but 100% speed in this game? Anyone knows how to fix the low fps? I am using direct3d.
Too bad it isn´t solved. Sad

Anyway, did you also tried with Virtual XFB? How about setting framelimiter to "Off", and disabling frame skipping if you ever enabled that?
Are you sure the game doesn't run at a low FPS on console? I know that a few strategy games/adventure games ran at a pretty bad framerate... though 8 fps does sound ridiculous.
(10-06-2014, 10:50 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad it isn´t solved. Sad

Anyway, did you also tried with Virtual XFB? How about setting framelimiter to "Off", and disabling frame skipping if you ever enabled that?

Tried that but the fps is still low, also I have seen gameplay youtube videos of this game running on dolphin and the gameplay looks fluid, not sure whats causing the low fps.
What happens if you run it on singlecore?
(10-07-2014, 10:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you run it on singlecore?

The game runs slow but it does not fix the fps problem, Has anyone been able to reproduce this problem?
The game act's like it is trying to skip frames when a slowdown occurs frankly, it's as if frameskiping is enabled by it's game engine or something...
Pages: 1 2 3