Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Installation error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

waddywoos

Hey guys, wonding if anyone can enlighten me as to what is the problem i have...

I heard about dolphin today, clicked to download the 64 bit version from the dolphin site. It finished downloading, I hit okay and then a black box appeared for a split second top left of my screen and that was it. There were no messages, nothing at all.

confused!!

any help greatly appreciated Smile
its a self extracting archive, not an installation file. save the file to a new folder on your hard drive, then open it.

waddywoos

(08-21-2009, 06:24 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]its a self extracting archive, not an installation file. save the file to a new folder on your hard drive, then open it.

Okay, did that just now - double cliked on it once i'd saved it and it still just comes up with that black box fr a split second and nothing else happens?
it should have created a folder called "dolphin' in the same folder as the exe archive

waddywoos

nope, when i saved it.... now there's just a: Dolphin_3972 thing there and the file type is 'application' but everytime i click on it the black box comes up and disappears and thats it.
and no dolphin folder is created where the file is saved?

if u have 7-zip just get a new build from here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html
I suggest you get to get one of Orleans builds, this isn't worth the Dilemma.
http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.liv...ew=details

waddywoos

okay, please excuse me from being a complete noob for one second....

If i'm starting from scratch - I have absolutely nothing but a PC good enough to use it.... what do I need to do?

I can't find instructions anywhere! lol

thanks a bunch you guys Smile
Only the Downloads on the main page are self extracted
Just about all the other ones are compressed archives.
All you need is win-rar.