Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not reading any games for no reason! (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am having a big problem with any version of Dolphin. It just does not want to read any of the games I have. It is kinda ridiculous because I have been able to play Wind Waker for GameCube for the past week no problem. Here is my issue posted so I don't have to explain myself too much:
https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...akechanges

Anyway, Wind Waker nor Digimon World 4 want to open, instead a white screen (Clear code cache) appears for a fraction of a second and that is it. I can't browse any ISO's and I can't open them by pressing play on Dolphin or double clicking the game, or from 'load state' mode, or 'save state' or desktop or anywhere else. It's always the same thing.

I will say that I randomly got Wind Waker (I have no idea HOW) to work around 5 hours ago when I had the same issue, but then when I closed Dolphin and wanted to test the game again, it did not open it. I was really confused, and I checked pretty much everything by this point.
I think the problem lies between the emulator and the files, not the them separately, because I know the games work because I got Wind Waker to work for that small amount of time when I had the same problem. And I know Dolphin is not the problem because I tried it with 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and the latest 4.0 test version. I basically tried everything.

I also think that my computer is not at fault because I got Wind Waker to work smoothly on Dolphin 3.5 at least (4.0 sucks with this game).

You can check my info on the link, but just to be safe:
OS X 10.9.3
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
My Config Log: http://pastie.org/private/ee3oj6zxypkiyi90dcozg#74
Edvon7 Wrote:and the latest 4.0 test version.

Please specify. We get way too many people who go to the wrong site and get the wrong thing. And even then, it's good to know precisely.
(09-14-2014, 02:31 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ][quote=Edvon7]and the latest 4.0 test version.

4.0-3184. All of these come from the official site.
4.0 is much better on this game, your computer sucks. Intel HD3000.
Alright, in 4.0-3184, please check the MD5 hash for wind waker's ISO. Right click the game in the game list, hit properties, and there's a button "compute MD5" right there. Copy paste the results here please.
(09-14-2014, 02:45 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, in 4.0-3184, please check the MD5 hash for wind waker's ISO. Right click the game in the game list, hit properties, and there's a button "compute MD5" right there. Copy paste the results here please.

This is all I have. Where again?
Go to Info tab.
(09-14-2014, 02:50 AM)Edvon7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2014, 02:45 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, in 4.0-3184, please check the MD5 hash for wind waker's ISO. Right click the game in the game list, hit properties, and there's a button "compute MD5" right there. Copy paste the results here please.

This is all I have. Where again?

Nevermind I found it. d8e4d45af2032a081a0f446384e9261b
That looks okay.
Interesting. One, it means that Dolphin is reading the ISO fine. Two, the ISO's hash is normal, so it's a good dump. Hmm.

Go to "View -> Purge Cache" and then run the game. Let's see if that helps.

Edvon7 Wrote:This is all I have. Where again?

Thiiis is what I get for doing things from memory. lol Whoops!
Pages: 1 2 3