Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if there's a way to make Dolphin render at certain resolutions that are not listed (not supported by the monitor).

My monitor (*cough* HDTV) has this awkward 1366x768 native resolution so if I use the usual 1080p, it will end up blurry when downsampled.

Tried it at PCSX2 (with a 2732x1536 resolution) and it works like a charm. Real sharp image with no jaggies even with AA disabled.

Can't force it using Auto (Window Size) because my monitor can't go beyond 1080p.
(09-13-2014, 09:36 PM)talkingdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if there's a way to make Dolphin render at certain resolutions that are not listed (not supported by the monitor).

My monitor (*cough* HDTV) has this awkward 1366x768 native resolution so if I use the usual 1080p, it will end up blurry when downsampled.

Tried it at PCSX2 (with a 2732x1536 resolution) and it works like a charm. Real sharp image with no jaggies even with AA disabled.

Can't force it using Auto (Window Size) because my monitor can't go beyond 1080p.

You can set it to 4x internal, it will be much higher than your monitor resolution (2560*2112). Personally i don't suggest it though since your graphics card can't handle it, if it is the GT 420 probably not even 3x. And the gain will be minimal if it is antialiasing you are really after.
I think talkingdolphin is referring to emulated window size, not IR. If that's the case, you can force custom/unsupported resolutions through NVIDIA Control Panel...
(09-15-2014, 01:38 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]I think talkingdolphin is referring to emulated window size, not IR. If that's the case, you can force custom/unsupported resolutions through NVIDIA Control Panel...

Yeah, already did that.

Looks gorgeous, by the way.