Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error "Cannot get 1GB Contigious Memory"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

born2rade

Hi everyone. I need some major help here.
I'm very new to Dolphin. I downloaded one of the newest versions
SVN r4021. My main problem is that i get an error saying "cannot get 1GB of Contigious memory" I have tried everything and i cannot seem to get 1GB of memory.

Can anyone help me?

My CPU specs are quite low.

Pentium 4, 2.4 ghz
1.2 GB RDR Ram
Geforce 7600 GS
look around...someone just made a thread with like the exact same name almost...go search for it quick...
u only have 1.2 gb of memory, thats not enough unless u close every running process thats not essential to keeping your computer running. this includes programs, antivirus software, taskbar items, and anything else u can think of. i recommend just adding some memory sticks.

born2rade

Post 1:
Really? I'll try to find it

Post 2:
Unfornatly RDR ram is way to expensive Sad. I have closed everything i could. I guess i'll have to wait for my new CPU next year heh Smile.
Ty guys for the help anyways Smile.
just go get like 100GB extra space for a backup incase your computer crashes and is unable to recover anythinng.
playing dolphin on something like that is just brutal... I'd rather gouge my eyes out with razor blades.

I sometimes want to do it even on my computer... hyrule field is like... lets just say it's bad...

cmccmc

(08-21-2009, 04:41 AM)born2rade Wrote: [ -> ]Post 1:

Post 2:
Unfornatly RDR ram is way to expensive Sad. I have closed everything i could. I guess i'll have to wait for my new CPU next year heh Smile.

u don't need 1gb of memory... I only use half a gb i used to only use 384mb because my onboard used some
(08-21-2009, 06:06 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2009, 04:41 AM)born2rade Wrote: [ -> ]Post 1:

Post 2:

u don't need 1gb of memory... I only use half a gb i used to only use 384mb because my onboard used some

no, but 1.2 gb total still isnt enough

cmccmc

how I only have 512mb and it works fine
(08-21-2009, 06:45 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]how I only have 512mb and it works fine

physical RAM is different from Virtual memory. Dolphin needs 1 GB of Memory, whether it's physical or virtual doesn't matter to it. So I would suggest increasing your virtual memory size.
Pages: 1 2