Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 1623 Revision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

randomrandom123

I'm trying to find the older version of dolphin. If anybody would post a link to download it, that would be helpful.

Btw, I need it 'cause it keeps saying "Sorry, but it looks like your 3D accelerator is too old, or doesn't support features that Dolphin requires. Falling back to software vertex processing". I was trying to play Supermario Sunshine. The game works, but it freezes alot. Confused
(08-21-2009, 04:21 AM)randomrandom123 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to find the older version of dolphin. If anybody would post a link to download it, that would be helpful.

Btw, I need it 'cause it keeps saying "Sorry, but it looks like your 3D accelerator is too old, or doesn't support features that Dolphin requires. Falling back to software vertex processing". I was trying to play Supermario Sunshine. The game works, but it freezes alot. Confused

earliest I have is 2195, but let me see if svn will backdate and let me compile from it.
after a little playing around with the source, I got 1623 to compile.

Here you go
I think he means the old 1.03 version.. His GPU is too old and likely doesn't support pixel/vertex shaders or doesn't support the required shader model version to use the svn builds, the last official builds had an option to use a lower shader model version or disable shaders completely.

This is no longer possible in the newer builds for the simple reason the newer DirectX SDK's no longer support anything lower than shader model 2.0. Since the Dolphin team needed the features provided by the newer DXSDK's they were forced to strip this out of the DX9 plugin just as Gabest was forced to do with Gsdx for Pcsx2 and only support shader model 2.0 or better.

I just want to forewarn the topic stater that if you use the older builds you sacrifice the performance improvements and benefits, compatibility improvements, Wii emulation, new plugins and features the new svn builds have to offer.

If your system is that old you can't use the newer svn builds don't expect to get any more than 1 - 5 FPS on the ancient 1.03 x86 build, you also won't be able to use the new plugins or benefit from any improvements that have occurred since the older builds were released. This means a large amount of compatibility issues will exist, a lot of graphical glitches, corruption will also exist, no sound in Mario or Zelda games, no Wii support, no Wiimote support, no OpenGL plugin (Your system is too old anyway to use the OpenGL plugin), no support for Xbox 360 pads with force feedback etc..

The only way you would get acceptable performance with those builds is if you use Windows XP/Vista/7 x64 and the 1.03.2 x64 Beta 3 build, even then I wouldn't expect miracles.

Don't you think it would be best to buy or build a new system? Better yet stick to playing on an actual Wii or Gamecube as it would be the cheapest solution for you, I would not even bother with Gamecube emulation let alone Wii emulation with your current system.

If you still insist on trying these builds, they can be found in the download system at the emulation community located in my signature. I am unsure if Dolphin still hosts these ancient builds myself but they might still host them, so you'll need to look around on the Dolphin website a bit if you opt to download these builds from here.

randomrandom123

Well, my Gamecube is broken, so I might as well just buy a Wii/new graphics card (since I'm pretty sure that's the only problem). Thank you anyways Sad.
Sorry about that Unkown Force Confused.