Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can a computer read Gamecube disks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

GrumpySanta

Hohoho,
I wanna play the Resident Evil 1 Remake but its only out for gamecube. Thats why I found Dolphin. The Game costs 10 € on Amazon so I wanna buy it.
My question is, could I just use the CD of a gamescube on my pc or do I need and .ISO? And if I need one, is there a legit way to get it?
Thanks for answers! Smile
you'd need to dump the game via a GameCube, Wii, or special DVD drives that can run special programs to dump games on PC.
Read this topic:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...wii-needed

As JMC47 said, you must buy a special DVD drive and use special software to copy the disc with a PC. The drives are pretty cheap on eBay.
It might be cheaper to buy a used Wii, use cleanrip, and then sell the Wii again once you've verified that the dump is good if you're only doing one game.
I bought one of the supported drives from Amazon and they sent me a different model. When I contacted them about it they told me "The Drive we sent you should be a compatible replacement" and while I'm sure it would work fine as a generic drive replacement for IDE MOBO's it did not dump wii games.

So just a warning if your planning on buying one of those.
Tell the person you bought it from that you were trying to buy that drive for a specific reason and the replacement doesn't fit that specific reason.
(09-12-2014, 02:20 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Tell the person you bought it from that you were trying to buy that drive for a specific reason and the replacement doesn't fit that specific reason.

I did I got a refund but they didn't have the one I wanted.
Oh ok. Thats a bummer Sad
(09-12-2014, 02:30 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok. Thats a bummer Sad

Yea, I can rip wii games with my wiiU but I can't get any of my Gamecube ones.
Did you try the trick to get the WiiU to read GC games?
Can you get one of the other drives from someone else?
Pages: 1 2