Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Saves after updating Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shambalakan

Hi friends
If I update Dolphin from 4 to 4.02, will my saves (Super Mario Galaxy) be safe?
Where are the saves locations?
Your saves will be safe, as they're stored in /My Documents/Dolphin/. However there's very little point updating from 4.0 to 4.0.2, as the only changes were very minor, and only affect a few users. For example, there was a bug in 4.0 where it didn't save or anything when the user had certain characters in their account name, and this was pretty much the biggest reason why 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 exist instead. The fix for this would only be worth having if you had a weird account name, and you wouldn't have any saves to be asking about transferring if you did. Basically there's no point updating to 4.0.2.

More recent revisions, however, are a different story, as there've been over 3000 individual improvements since then. They're far, far faster than 4.0 (4.0 is pretty much the slowest Dolphin's ever been, whereas the latest dev build is theoretically the fastest ever). Additionally, they're also much more accurate, meaning games that didn't work at all are fine, and games with glitches are fine and games that crashed are fine. You definitely want something more recent, in the 4.0-3xxx range.

Shambalakan

Thanks alot!