Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy Suddenly Running Horribly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I started a new SMG file for the first time in a while, and I noticed the speed was absolutely terrible. Like, well below half speed sometimes. I think it may be some setting I have enabled because I clearly remember being able to play the game with only a tiny bit of lag at 2x IR at an earlier point, and now this is happening at 1x IR. I'm attaching my config files (in a .zip because the site hates .inis) because I think that's probably where the problem lies. I know my specs aren't the greatest, but I should at least be able to run Galaxy at full speed on 1x IR, right? I've already tried turning on/off the Vsync, and OpenMP decoder (I usually have them both on).
Kurausukun Wrote:So I started a new SMG file for the first time in a while...

Sounds like the shader cache is being generated. Play for a while in different areas, see if the slowdowns persist.
I tried playing it for a while (which was difficult and somewhat painful considering it would frequently drop to 30%), but I saw no improvement. Also, it slows down in really weird places - some planets slow the game down horribly, while others seem to run much more smoothly. Notably, the save screen somehow lags horribly. I should note that this is constant slowdown, not stuttering.
Check your CPU's clock rate and temperature while playing Dolphin. Do the same for the GPU. Post the results as screenshots so we can see what's happening. Something may be throttling your performance.
I took a screenshot during a rather laggy section early on into play. Note that this is still at 1x IR, no AF or AA. Also, I forgot to mention my gameini settings for Galaxy, it might be something in there. They are: VBeam speedhack unchecked, Synchronize GPU thread unchecked (I do this for all games, it's never crashed for me), Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate checked, and DSP HLE emulation unchecked. I know HLE no longer crashes with Galaxy now, but there's still the volume issue IIRC, so I stick with LLE; I've never actually noticed a huge performance impact from that particular setting.
[DSP]
EnableJIT = False

You are using lle interpreter audio without lle on thread. If you are so keen in using lle audio i suggest using lle recompiler and enable lle on thread (lle on thread might cause some crashes though but i think there is no other way you hardware can handle lle audio). Btw never change the default settings if you don't know what they are doing, some of them you changed them for no reason. Synchronize GPU for example is disabled by default, disabling it manually is pointless, only enabling it, etc.
Thanks a lot for the help, I wasn't aware that forcing hle off made it default to the interpreter, I assumed it would go to the recompiler. Switching that in the global Dolphin settings and checking lle on thread has brought the game back up to full speed. The reasons I didn't want to do that before were mainly because then I would have to go into settings and switch back to hle audio when I wanted to play another game, which is annoying, and also because I saw Galaxy on the list of Zelda Ucode games that sometimes crash with lle on thread--none yet, though. I would also like to know--where can I find out which settings are enabled or disabled by default, like the GPU thread synchronization, so I can know what to play around with?
Every single setting in game properties that doesn't exist in general config and has a filled box is disabled. MMU, MMU speed hack etc. fall in that category.
OK, thanks for the info.