Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rowinftw

RAM: 8 GB
Graphics card: Gtx 770
CPU: AMD FX-8320

My question is, can I run dolphin?
and by run I mean most games, mostly wii
at a reasonable quality (720p) and more importantly, without lagg.
That AMD processor is as good as the FX-8350 if you overclock it there will be plenty of games that will run on that bare in mind though for the FX-8350 to perform great in dolphin it needed to be overclocked to 5.0GHZ yours is the FX-8320 which is slightly slower. Still though minus the demanding games your system should be able play a number of wii games decently. The best way to know would be to try it.

If you can get an intel haswell processor running at the same speed as that AMD processor you have you will have much more fun using dolphin.

Rowinftw

(09-10-2014, 06:20 AM)natnint4000 Wrote: [ -> ]That AMD processor is as good as the FX-8350 if you overclock it there will be plenty of games that will run on that bare in mind though for the FX-8350 to perform great in dolphin it needed to be overclocked to 5.0GHZ yours is the FX-8320 which is slightly slower. Still though minus the demanding games your system should be able play a number of wii games decently. The best way to know would be to try it.

If you can get an intel haswell processor running at the same speed as that AMD processor you have you will have much more fun using dolphin.

how about gamecube games? (i'm not planning to OC in any way)
Same goes for GC games
You should be able to play lightweight to medium games with an overclock. At stock you may be hit and miss for fullspeed depending on the game (AMD cpus are "good" at overclocking, you really should, its free performance)

If you give us a list of games we can give you a rough estimate of how well the games will run.

Rowinftw

some games I had in mind:
Resident evil (0 + umbrella chronicles)
brawl
fire emblem (both of them)
Pokemon XD
zelda, twilight princess and wind waker
super mario galaxy
animal crossing
inazuma eleven
ZTP: yes, as long as you use ZTP patch.

Brawl, AC: they´re fairly lightweight, shouldn´t give a problem.

SMG: Will somehow run full speed.
Resident evil are pretty demanding, so probably not
Pokemon should be fine also
Games that I know for sure you can run are
1. Animal Crossing City Folk WII and Animal Crossing GCN
2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GCN
3. Mario Kart WII and Double Dash.
4. Luigi Mansion
5. Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee
6. Soul Calibur 2
7.Windwaker.
8. Sonic Heroes And Sonic Adventures DX
9. Wii Sports Resort.
10. Super Mario Sunshine
11. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario WII
12. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 On latest revisions no need for LLE
13.Resident Evil 4
14. Super Mario Bros Wii
If you do have any problems give that CPU a quick OC to 4.3GHZ if that 4.0 Turbo doesn't work for you