Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Can't use Nvidia to run games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I've been facing a problem in my Qosmio X875 for a while.
the laptop come with 2 integrated GPUs, one is Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 670 GTX

however, i can only use the Intel one, when i use Nvidia and launch a game i immedietly get "Failed to enumerate video outputs" either on DirectX9 or 11 renders.
i get 18~23 FPS while i should get more than that even with lower settings.
i can post caps if necessary.

My question is, is there any way to use Nvidia card or is it being worked on for future update ?

thank you in advance.

Spec:
Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro x64
12GB Ram
Intel Core i7 3630QM @2.40Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 670 GTX 3Gb VRAM
Dolphin 4.0.2 64-Bit
Have you followed the laptop performance guide? It sometimes helps with this kind of thing. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
Sounds like your Nvidia GPU is failing to initialize try adding dolphin to your nvidia optimus whitelist.

Or if possible completely disable the integrated intel GPU from the bios.
The fps of a game depends on your settings, the game you are trying to play and the dolphin revision you are using. Please provide the above, and i would suggest to use the latest development version since it is overall 40% faster than 4.0.2 is.
(09-10-2014, 02:33 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you followed the laptop performance guide? It sometimes helps with this kind of thing. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

I've done the steps in the article, didn't notice a difference in performance though :/

(09-10-2014, 02:37 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like your Nvidia GPU is failing to initialize try adding dolphin to your nvidia optimus whitelist.

Or if possible completely disable the integrated intel GPU from the bios.

It's already in the list. i will try disabling the GPU in another time tho.

(09-10-2014, 02:45 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]The fps of a game depends on your settings, the game you are trying to play and the dolphin revision you are using. Please provide the above, and i would suggest to use the latest development version since it is overall 40% faster than 4.0.2 is.

Games like, Metal Gear, RE 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy,etc..
FPS vary between 18~40
Quote: Or if possible completely disable the integrated intel GPU from the bios
Don't do it !!!
It won't work . Even if it worked , he would have a black screen and no way turn it back to normal state (you can't see anything , how can you turn it back ?)
On Desktop : if you plug a video card in , integrated GPU will be disabled automatically . On the other hand , laptop uses integrated GPU all the time
"Failed to enumerate video outputs" is known issue . It happens when you select discrete Nvidia/AMD GPU via Dolphin Graphic Configuration . Do not do that , leave that option as default : Intel HD 4000 then force Dolphin to use discrete GPU via Nvidia Control Panel .
Anyway , just read the laptop performance guide for more details
Btw , you should use Nvidia Inspector to verify whenever your GPU is used or not . Your CPU is not good enough to run those games full speed , just saying ...
with the steps applied from the guide. I tested DirectX9 backend and it gives the same error (two options named Nvidia), X11 is slow, and OpenGL gives good FPS but random slowdowns.
Dolphin no longer use the name "Direct3D9" and "Direct3d11" . Only 1 "Direct3D" atm
Direct3D9 has been removed completely . The current Direct3D is Direct3D11
Your Dolphin version is outdated . Please download the latest Dolphin then try again
It's the stable 4.0.2 version.

Alright, i will try on the latest development revision and gives a feedback.
Also post a screenshot of Realtemp & Nvidia Inspector when Dolphin is running
Pages: 1 2