Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: xbox 360 controller / remap / jit problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, Hi everyone!
I'm new here, but i follow the dolphin emulator news from over one year ago.

I have a simple question:
can i remap the Xbox360 buttons?

Because actually, the B button and the X button of the controller are switched:
B equals X in gamecube
X equals B in gamecube
the other buttons are in the right place but these two are strangely switched of place.

After the revision 2790 ca. in the dolphinil.exe (the jit one), there was something wrong:

Battle stadium D.o.n. (signed as perfect) doesn't run anymore (crash on run and quit to windows).
same thing for several other games signed as perfect (sometimes i can run them disabling the "ENABLE JIT DYNAREC"...but as you know..very slow emulation by the interpreter; sometimes i simply can't because the emulator close itself instantly without any message. no windows crash message and no dolphin crash message...simple quit)
I just want to inform you, hoping that these few information can help you.

I don't know if i need to put here my system specs..

by the way:
Intel core 2 duo e8600 3.3 ghz
Windows Home SP3
4Gb corsair
No background process
Ati radeon hd 4870 512mb
directx 9.0c november 2008
ati catalyst 9.1

best wishes

3x
There's no way to remap buttons. Also Dolphin is really unstable at the moment: something may be fixed, something not Smile
thanks for the answer.

dolphin's a good emulator, there are just some problems with the jit version because with the normal build everything works fine without crash on run.

(i don't understand a thing: there are actually two version of dolphin emu: JIT and normal right?
but the normal version use a jit dynarec too, right?...
...so, what are the real differencies? )

finded in faq by omegadox:
Q: What is DolphinIL?
A: This version of Dolphin uses the work in progress JIT-IL Core. JITIL should be faster recompiler than the current JIT (ector JIT). Note that the core is still being worked on and there are still kinks in it that needs to be fixed.

so the IL version will be the one for the future but is the most unstable.

Smile
X/B are reversed so that they correspond better to the GameCube controller
i am not exactly sure, but look for Xpadder