Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hows my Specs for Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently had a Phenom II 960T 4.3GHZ but I switch to Intel and am so glad I did everything's faster now. My specs is on my profile. Every game runs smoothly accept Super Mario Sunshine with Insane Slugs Texture Pack, I get frame drops with Direct3D at 4x Resolution. But when I play With OpenGL I get no lag at all plus I can use 8x AA on OpenGL and it still will run smoothly. Why is OpenGL faster Then Direct3D? Is it cause AMD is better with openGL backend compared to Nvidia with Direct 3D? Or you think I should upgrade to Radeon r9 380x when it comes out.
(09-09-2014, 11:29 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I recently had a Phenom II 960T 4.3GHZ but I switch to Intel and am so glad I did everything's faster now. My specs is on my profile. Every game runs smoothly accept Super Mario Sunshine with Insane Slugs Texture Pack, I get frame drops with Direct3D at 4x Resolution. But when I play With OpenGL I get no lag at all plus I can use 8x AA on OpenGL and it still will run smoothly. Why is OpenGL faster Then Direct3D? Is it cause AMD is better with openGL backend compared to Nvidia with Direct 3D? Or you think I should upgrade to Radeon r9 380x when it comes out.

Are you going to be PC gaming or just using emulators? If just using emulators it should be just fine. Also AMD being better then Nvidia in OpenGL is something that would most likely only happen in Dolphin until maybe Opengl-next
I also do PC gaming
(09-09-2014, 11:50 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I also do PC gaming

If you're doing 1080p I recommend the R9-290 or the 380X.
No I will be getting a Vizio 4K TV for Christmas so I want to be prepared. Why am i getting frame lost on Super Mario Sunshine with Driect3D at 4x Resolution, but with OpenGL I can use the same settings plus 8xAA and it runs perfect?
(09-09-2014, 12:01 PM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]No I will be getting a Vizio 4K TV for Christmas so I want to be prepared. Why am i getting frame lost on Super Mario Sunshine with Driect3D at 4x Resolution, but with OpenGL I can use the same settings plus 8xAA and it runs perfect?

Currently OpenGL is better then D3D for most games, It's not just you. Also for 4k I would recommend the 390x but for Ultra Settings 2160p you would probably need a 295x2 or 395x2. (Or just crossfire)