Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Instant Dolphin Crashing | Various Versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... I have been putting off making a thread about my problem... and I have tried countless searching for months. Well I have given up. Various versions, Nightly and not Nightly... all have resulted in the same exact problem. Dolphin flat out will not work. I open Dolphin for it to almost instantly crash and tell me it is no longer responding. Older versions used to work a long time ago, but not even the versions that worked previous will anymore.

W8.1
i7 930
8GB DDR3

I had this working before... and everything on my system is all up to date. Could there be anything I am missing? Is there a way for me to see a crash log? Is there anything at all I can do? Tongue

Thank you in advance.

-Brad C
Can you post a screenshot of any errors?
(09-10-2014, 02:07 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a screenshot of any errors?

There are none. It just Stops Responding.
Try deleting the shader cache?
(09-10-2014, 02:24 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting the shader cache?

I've tried several different folders. Different names, different versions and different locations. I just grabbed the latest 4.0.2, put it in a new folder.

Is there another location for Dolphin? Hm... I wonder if its in AppData.
(09-10-2014, 02:25 AM)SentaiBrad Wrote: [ -> ]

I've tried several different folders. Different names, different versions and different locations. I just grabbed the latest 4.0.2, put it in a new folder.

I don't have a PC in front of me to verify but it should be my documents > dolphin
(09-10-2014, 02:29 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have a PC in front of me to verify but it should be my documents > dolphin

OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!?! It was that damn simple; And I call myself a computer person. Sometimes you miss the obvious. X_X

Thank you.
(09-10-2014, 02:32 AM)SentaiBrad Wrote: [ -> ]

OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!?! It was that damn simple; And I call myself a computer person. Sometimes you miss the obvious. X_X

Thank you.

So did that fix it?
(09-10-2014, 02:33 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2014, 02:32 AM)SentaiBrad Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you.

So did that fix it?

Yes. Thank you.