Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very odd framerate issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to the forums, but not new to dolphin and frankly, I've never seen this particular issue happen in all the time I've been using this. So, this didn't even start happening until yesterday afternoon. As a side note, I've reset all settings back to their defaults twice, thinking something got screwed up in the settings, but that didn't help. But the issue is this, the FPS counter is almost always locked at 0.3 (not 3.0) FPS, and it just hangs there (the games don't show up at all). I don't expect an emulator as complex as Dolphin to be perfect, heck, no emulator is perfect and probably never will be, but that's neither here nor there. I expect the games to be playable at acceptable speeds (between 25 to 60 FPS) most of the time, but why this is happening is beyond me. Just to verify, I'm not a noob either, as I've been familiar with emulators in general since 1998 (SNES97/Nesticle). I also know my computer is more than powerful enough to run said emulator at acceptable speeds.

GPU - eVGA GeForce GTS 250 1024MB GDDR3
GPU Core Temp - 39 degrees Celsius
Driver Version - 190.38
RAM - 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz)
OS - Windows 7 RC7100 Ultimate (32-bit)
Direct X - 10.0/11.0

Dolphin revisions tested - Rev 3972 (JITTL) and 4017
Build Types - All 32-bit builds
Settings - All default

Again, this shouldn't be happening, but someone told me it may have to do with my Windows 7 not being the final build (which I have no access to)
If it barely started happening yesterday, then you've got nothing to worry about.
Haveing 0.3 FPS is strange for your specs, regardless of which settings you have, it has to be the build itself.
Even though you've encountered two builds with the same dilemma, try getting another:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html
kill your whole dolphin folder, re-download it and start from scratch.

Well, save your User folder somewhere so you can get your mem card stuffs and/or save states, but try it without putting these back first.

cmccmc

3.00 ghz isn't really that high. I would overclock it for better performance
(08-21-2009, 03:17 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]3.00 ghz isn't really that high. I would overclock it for better performance

Processor is NOT the issue here.

cmccmc

I know that im just stating he says it's More Than Enough when actually it's not that powerful
it may not even be enough for alot of games
Well, you know what I mean. I meant to say "mostly sufficient". Okay, but I'll start from scratch.

Edit 11:54AM: Okay, just tried to make a new folder and started everything from scratch, but to no avail. I do have XP on another partition, so, guess I'll give that a try. This is getting really weird and I'm starting to be a little freaked out.

Edit 12:22PM: Okay, now I'm REALLY freaked out. So, I went back to try it on XP and games like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle ran 60FPS almost the whole time and SSBM ran perfectly. Then I went back to Windows 7 and ran like it did before, like in 0.3 FPS. Yeah, there's something screwed up; it can't be the builds I'm running.
CMCCMC -----> helpful person ???? lol Big Grin

Just kidding man Tongue
looks to me like its just windows 7 giving u problems
windows 7 works fine with dolphin.

1) get win 7 64 bit

2) download either 3972 or try different newer builds

3) report back here Tongue
Pages: 1 2