Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pandoras Tower, slow down after about 10-20 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

russell038

Hi community! First post here!

So my issue is Pandora's Tower always slows down after about 10-20 minutes of playtime, no matter what version of dolphin I'm using. At first I figured this may be because of overheating, but after checking my temps, it never reaches above 50 degrees. As far as specs and performance goes, I am using a Ailenware m15x, with the gtx260m graphics card, 6 gb of ram, and i7 720qm processor. It doesn't run it the best, but runs its smooth for the most part. Before the slowdown, its always 30fps-25fps.

Somethings I tinkered around with.

Restarting the emulator always brings it back up to speed, but the slowdown happens after 5-10 minutes.
Using the frame advance key brings it back up to speed, but quickly falls back down to slow fps until I restart the emulator.
Currently not overclocked, but even when I do the slowdowns always happen around 10-20 minutes in.
Currently using settings that allow for performance, (x1 native resolution, etc)

Any ideas on how I can get the slowdown to stop happening? I understand I don't have the strongest of computers, but the slowdown doesn't seem to be anything close to overheating issues, and the slowdowns don't seem to make sense considering I will be in one area 30fps, come back later when the slow down happens and its now 15fps.

Not the most tech savy speaker, but If anyone can help find a solution to this, would be very grateful!
Make sure you arenĀ“t overheating / the CPU is not throttling.
It definitely sounds like overheating, but could also be something about cache filling up too fast 9not really likely, but maybe.)

Update to the latest dev build and see if it's still slowing down. The new dev builds are faster and better.

If that doesn't work, get some new thermal paste for your CPU/GPU

russell038

Thanks for the advice! Ill look into it
Let us know Smile