Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How Are My Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've used Dolphin for a while with no real performance issues at all, but I'm curious where my specs fall on the spectrum--mainly, how good are my CPU and GPU for Dolphin, which is more likely to be a bottleneck, and maybe, if I wanted to squeeze just a little more performance out of Dolphin, what my options are. I don't feel like copy-pasting my specs here, they're all on my profile.
You have fairly high end specs for Dolphin. Unless you want 4x IR + AA in games, CPU will always be bottleneck.
Yes, the CPU is usually what bottlenecks you in Dolphin. The GPU is used for making the game look nicer by increasing IR/AA/AF.

Using either Intel XTU or ThrottleStop can help keep you in max turbo mode to try and eliminate and CPU lag
I have the same CPU in my laptop and got the GT740M and I play everything full speed internal res 2.5
I use Intel XTU to undervolt my cpu -90mv offset Smile ( runs around 5 degress less, set my multipliers to 32x to achieve 3.2GHZ constant on all cores)
not that it matters since dolphin uses 2 cores but it helps keeping my cpu nice and cool Smile
but yea cpu is the bottleneck but hey look at it on the brightside you can play withouth any problems Smile