Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 @ 60 FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Is it possible to get solid 60 fps @ 1080p with this PC?

CPU: i7 920 C0 OC @ 3.9 GHZ
GPU: Nvidia 780 Ti Classified
RAM: DDR3 1333 8 GB OC @ 1600 MHZ

i've been testing the game and i can't get solid 60 fps, sometimes it drops to 30 fps or even less. I'm currently using D3D11 Backend and DSP LLE for audio.

For all of those who may want to troll on my thread and say "play it on a wii" or whatever, FYI i do have a Wii and the game, i just wish to play it on my PC @ 1080p with the filters.

Here's a link in case you don't believe i own a wii. http://www.ae-estudios.com/wii.jpg
1- No, SMG2 is demanding. You´ll need at least Pentium Haswell G3258 to play the game full speed.

2- Update to latest dev build. LLE is not needed anymore.
(09-07-2014, 06:37 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1- No, SMG2 is demanding. You´ll need at least Pentium Haswell G3258 to play the game full speed.

Thanks for the quick reply Pal, i'll try, i'll update to the latest dev, btw i just purchased from Amazon an i7 4790K, do you think with that cpu i could run the game @60 fps?
Yes. 4690K is absolute (among other powerful CPUs) beast for Dolphin right now.
In the meantime, use the latest dev build with HLE audio like DJBarry said. Also try giving your current CPU more of an overclock.

And the i7 4790K will run most games at stock, but there may be a few games (ex: Last Story) that need an overclock.
Thanks for the replies guys. very useful information. After updating to the latest dev build now the game runs more stable, the lowest fps i get is 50, which compared to the 30, makes a humongous difference. I'll let you guys know when i get my hands on the new cpu and how it performs on this game, thanks again Smile.
Yes, it is possible providing you do all of the following:
1. Download and use the latest development build from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ Latest builds are quite faster compared to 4.0.2.
2. Use hle audio. Lle audio is not needed with the latest development builds in this game!
3. Use the open gl backend for this game since it is quite faster compared to D3D.
Now enjoy the speedup...
(09-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is possible providing you do all of the following:
1. Download and use the latest development build from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ Latest builds are quite faster compared to 4.0.2.
2. Use hle audio. Lle audio is not needed with the latest development builds in this game!
3. Use the open gl backend for this game since it is quite faster compared to D3D.
Now enjoy the speedup...

WOW, incredible, after following your advice, now the game runs @ steady 60 fps, thanks in advance, playing again this game @ 1080p and the filters makes a huge difference, it's like day and night Big Grin
(09-07-2014, 06:37 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]1- No, SMG2 is demanding. You´ll need at least Pentium Haswell G3258 to play the game full speed.

Why are you spreading misinformation lol, #1 is simply not true anymore.. I'll let it slide considering you likely aren't up to date or know.. First gen overclocked i7's, newer SB's or Haswell's should be sufficient enough to get full speed in most games including SMG & SMG2.

For example here is some screens I posted in another thread with my i7 950 OC'd @ 4Ghz:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-pl...#pid338010

Lttp already explained what to do to get full speed.

DX11 backend is slower but that is because there is probably stuff that needs to be done bring performance up to par with DX9 and OGL that devs either haven't bothered with or figured out yet.

A Sandy Bridge or Haswell should be able to run Hyrule Field without the speed hack full speed no sweat, most other games should run full speed and I doubt overclocking would be necessary.
At this spot, before upgrading to the last dev build, i used to get 30 to 40 fps, now i get 60 fps ;D.
Pages: 1 2