Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Latest Dev Build Broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thought I'd pass along all games crash with the latest dev build(s), the build I was using last night to snap screens crashed with Resident Evil 4 but now all games are crashing in latest dev build. o_O

I have very limited data and a cap so someone else can figure out what commit broke stuff.

Tried with DX11 backend, JitIL just completely broken and games crash on boot.
I've seen some crashing with Xaudio and win8 in a lot of builds but you seem to be on win 7.
No matter all games crash now.

Tested with OpenGL, DX11, interpreter, JITIL, JIT, Xaudio2, OpenAL and tried cleaning shader cache. Build I was using last night (r2921) was working fine albeit Resident Evil 4 was the only game afaik that crashed with that build but now all games crash the emulator on boot. Before that all games incl RE4 were working fine I think RE4 got broke around 4.0-2877 either from a prior or following commit.

Not trying to come off as complaining, just informing the devs that something broke before additional commits and it becomes harder to track the commit(s) that broke things.
Can confirm.

EDIT: Works fine on 3034
Any idea what broke Resident Evil 4 because that game crashed in 4.0-2921 but was working fine in one of the prior dev builds.
I'd guess, if all games are affected, that PR#993 broke it; while PR#997 should fix it. Or are you talking about something else altogether?
Got a Commit Hash of those versions?
I was saying when I tested 4.0-2921 only Resident Evil 4 was crashing on boot which was broken by a recent earlier commit. Now in the latest dev build all games crash the emulator upon booting.
So the latest dev build is working again however Resident Evil 4 still crashes the emulator, would someone be able to figure what commit broke this game?

Edit: RE1: ReMake is also crashing the emulator on boot.
(09-07-2014, 06:53 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]So the latest dev build is working again however Resident Evil 4 still crashes the emulator, would someone be able to figure what commit broke this game?

Using 3089 i can't replicate the above Resident evil issues.
(09-07-2014, 07:39 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2014, 06:53 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]So the latest dev build is working again however Resident Evil 4 still crashes the emulator, would someone be able to figure what commit broke this game?

Using 3089 i can't replicate the above Resident evil issues.

Seems they are only crashing with OpenGL.
Pages: 1 2