Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a setting to change save files back to a portable folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I grabbed my newest Dolphin version in a year, and my saves go in a folder in my User folder, or something. I'm used to them being in the "User" folder, so I just moved them over from installation to installation. I'm afraid I'll lose my saves, and am unsure how to move them from my old emulator to my current one.

Any advice? Thank you!
If you want your configuration in the same folder as Dolphin.exe, create an empty file with Notepad, name it "portable.txt", and put it in the main Dolphin folder. Move your old User folder into the same place, and then Dolphin will use that folder.
(09-05-2014, 02:00 PM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]If you want your configuration in the same folder as Dolphin.exe, create an empty file with Notepad, name it "portable.txt", and put it in the main Dolphin folder. Move your old User folder into the same place, and then Dolphin will use that folder.

That's awesome thank you!

Hey, I did the portable.txt thing, and I opened an OpenGL game and I got this:

http://i.imgur.com/JPnLMQ7.png

It was working before. I copied the emulator from the .rar I got in a fresh folder, and OpenGL works fine. Any idea which setting is messing with it?
Looks like it is caused by the wireframe setting under the graphics settings > advanced.
(09-05-2014, 02:49 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it is caused by the wireframe setting under the graphics settings > advanced.

Nailed it Skid! No idea why that was on, but everything's back to normal now! Time to try out all the OpenGL advancements!!

Thank you both so much!! It is a great community here.