Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to save?? Stupid question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So everytime I try to play a game, I have to start from the very beginning. Tried this with Metroid 3, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I input my save file data like I do at the beginning of every game, but when I go back to try to play or fiddle with the settings, I have to start all over again...

I just can't find a straight answer on how to get the game to save like it would on the console? I don't care necessarily about the save-state, that's pretty straight forward. I'm just wondering how to get the game to do the auto-save functions like it would on the consoles. Thanks!!
Where is your dolphin folder located? Does dolphin give an error saying it can't save (I don't know if it does that or not XD) maybe you are trying to save to a write protected location, or restricted (run as admin should let dolphin save in such a place anyway)?
Those games doesn't have auto save functions...
Dolphin gives me no errors, it just never saves progress. I guess I can do the save-states, but I'd rather not if I don't have to, guess I'm just stubborn to the old ways?

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't ever have to find a save point for them when playing on the Wii, it just automatically kept things as up to date as possible, right?
Post your config of Dolphin. Maybe you have something turned off.....
Will do when I get a chance. I do know that even when I used everything as default, I had the same issues.