Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video/fmv rendered in small window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,

I have noticed that some games do not start full screen or are in a smaller box with a thickish border around it.
Eternal Darkness for example has video play after the intro text/speech and seems quite small. The games
themselves do appear full screen when played, however wasn't sure if there was a setting for fmv.

All I could see was the one resolution option which is already set to fullscreen. Is there a way to make video in .iso
images play 16:9/full screen?

TIA
Hit Alt+Enter
(09-03-2014, 07:27 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Hit Alt+Enter

Thanks for your reply, but that's if I am running in a window. The game is full screen but the video intros (before many games start) are small in size
and do not take up the full screen.

My bad. Didn't explain myself properly! :/
Try enabling RealXFB; or it could just be a bug in Dolphin. I know another game that does this too, where transition videos are way too small.
I was going to ask if you're using the latest dev build, cause I remember SSBM intro did something similar in older revisions, but then I saw that you are.....
Well if a game video was made for 4/3 aspect ratio then it won't fill a 16/9 screen. Videos have their own resolutions too that can affect the portion of the screen that gets covered. You can't make a video wide screen unless it is already.
Eternal Darkness is kind of dumb, if you enable 16:9 in the settings (inside the game, not in Dolphin) it adds horizontal borders to the videos instead of removing the vertical borders.
(09-03-2014, 10:27 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Eternal Darkness is kind of dumb, if you enable 16:9 in the settings (inside the game, not in Dolphin) it adds horizontal borders to the videos instead of removing the vertical borders.

Yeh I noticed that as well. I am confused why setting widescreen in a game doesn't give the proper aspect when your running it
on a widescreen monitor anyway. I realise what link_to_the_past is saying (and I realise the fmv is 4:3) but just making it fill the
screen larger therefore reducing the size of the huge borders around it would help hugely. Just annoying that the game is stretched
larger but the fmv isn't. Guess I'm just one of them folk that feel changes in scale from one to the other looks
kind of silly/tacky Big Grin

(09-03-2014, 08:19 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to ask if you're using the latest dev build, cause I remember SSBM intro did something similar in older revisions, but then I saw that you are.....

I have both the stable version and an always 'updated' dev edition.
For Eternal Darkness it actually looks better if you set the game to 4:3 and use the widescreen hack instead.
(09-03-2014, 10:56 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]For Eternal Darkness it actually looks better if you set the game to 4:3 and use the widescreen hack instead.

Must try that, thanks

[UPDATE]

Ok I tried your suggestion and not sure if I am doing something wrong because the 4:3 aspect is
constant throughout. I am unsure what the widescreen hack actually does. I changed the settings
and within the game (normal view) and still 4:3. Perhaps someone could clarify.

Btw, I have tried this in the stable version only!