Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does anyone "own" the rights to the dolphin emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is dolphin just a community project that isn't "owned" by anyone? or does someone own the "rights"? Just curious! Tongue
It's owned by like a hundred different people.
Ahh, gotcha!
Yeah anyone that contributes is an "owner" technically. If you meant owned by a corporation then know, all code is original so Nintendo can not say or do anything to the project providing is stays within the realms of what the law allows.
I was only asking because I was interested in buying/funding the project.
(09-02-2014, 08:43 AM)Curtis Day Wrote: [ -> ]I was only asking because I was interested in buying/funding the project.

Buy it ???? Sorry for my surprise but i think thats the first time i heard anyone interested in buying an emulation project altogether.
If you're interested in funding, I'm sure some of the devs would more than be happy if you wanted to buy them hardware or software for testing/debugging/fun times, there's probably something you could get them.
Is there anyone that's more involved than anyone else? Like who would be the best person to approach? Since there are so many that have contributed it would probably be impossible to work something out.
(09-03-2014, 12:36 AM)Curtis Day Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyone that's more involved than anyone else? Like who would be the best person to approach? Since there are so many that have contributed it would probably be impossible to work something out.

Probably talk to delroth if you want to help in some way. He is in charge of a lot of stuff and putted better organization and work flow to the whole project.
Who is this "delroth" you speak of? lol
Pages: 1 2