Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 5.1 sound issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xenocea

I recently downloaded the latest version of Dolphin, dolphin-master-4.0-2826-x64. Even with the exact same settings & configurations, sounds from games only comes out on the two front speakers Right+Left.
Earlier versions of dolphin I was using, in the 14**, sounds were correctly outputted in all of my speakers.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Additional details

Speakers - Logitech Z-5500
Sound Card - Creative X-Fi Extreme
Dolphin will only output in stereo as the GameCube and Wii are stereo systems.

If you use the OpenAL audio backend and enable the Dolby Pro Logic 2 decoder, Dolphin will decode the surround sound and play it in 5.1 channel.

xenocea

(09-01-2014, 10:54 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin will only output in stereo as the GameCube and Wii are stereo systems.

If you use the OpenAL audio backend and enable the Dolby Pro Logic 2 decoder, Dolphin will decode the surround sound and play it in 5.1 channel.

Yup, I'm aware that they don't support true 5.1 discrete sounds. What I meant was the stereo sounds were outputted & played on all 5 of my speakers using the older builds. It's only with the latest version that this doesn't happen anymore.

I did as you suggested & enabled the Dolby Pro Logic 2 decoder setting. Doing so, sound only now outputs from just one speaker, which is the center one. Both the rear & front speakers are now completely dead silent. :/
I'm really puzzled to why the new version of dolphin has this issue, whereas previous version doesn't.

Edit: I re-downloaded the dolphin emulator build, & tried again. The issue has rectify.
Cheers
doesn't that only work properly is the source material is setup for surround sound?

EDIT: NVM