Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What tempeture range should my gpu stay in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

cmccmc

I'm trying to squeeze a bit more juice out of a 7200gs by overclocking it well I got it so it was stable but when i looked at the temp it was 80c how low should i keep it's temp?
idle or load? Overclocking a 7200gs is not worth it for the 5% gains maximum.
Ill have to agree , do not Oc your card , it's not worth it ! ( + what's the point ? For Dolphin , you know it doesn't matter )
it doesn't matter but 80° C is no problem at all.

there was a passive 7900gs back in 2006 that ran with 130° C without any problem.
(it was sold this way !)
NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!

Overclocking your video card is only worth shit, believe me.

THAT'S MAMA LUIGI TO YOU, CMCCMC!

cmccmc

ok so u don't think i should overclock it from 450mhz core to 650mhz core like i had it??? Also I shouldn't overclock the memory to 800 from 266... those were all suggestions that the nvidia control panel said were optimal for the card. The card also had the memory set to 532 when i got it and when it's overclocked i notice a pretty big performance gain
(08-20-2009, 01:55 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]idle or load? Overclocking a 7200gs is not worth it for the 5% gains maximum.

I got way more than 5% out of it and idle
but how high should i let the temp go before i start to worry? Also it's fanless
(08-21-2009, 12:31 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]The card also had the memory set to 532 when i got it and when it's overclocked i notice a pretty big performance gain

Big gain? For dolphin?
As opposed to your 6100 you mean.

cmccmc

Im not talking about in dolphin im talking about other things
Well you didnt say it in the 1st place !

In this condition , BBBBBBurn IT !

My 2 GPUS are actually at 91 and 88 C idle
dude mine doesnt get even close to tht hot...lol mine gets up to no more than 100F...thts like 50 C or sumthin...lol my stock cooler is amazing! lol Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4