Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-2824 Performance test [ Awesome build ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a performance test of the newest build of dolphin emulator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFIPULHV7w

before with the old builds i had like min60fps with the wolf scene in zelda twillight princess
and now with the newest build i have min79fps in same scene and now im hitting in FZERO GX over 200fps.. its insane Big Grin

great job to the Dolphin team [Image: tec9607_dinpyg59z3v.gif?bc]
OGL or DX? or did both see improvements?
(09-01-2014, 04:30 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]OGL or DX? or did both see improvements?

only playing with OGL Big Grin
Is it a good build?
What's the build you are comparing with?

And what do you get with hyperthreading turned off in your BIOS? I think it read somewhere that it actually slows Dolphin down instead of making it faster.
my favorite one was the old Dolphin-x64 3.5-1393 and now looks like they improved alot Big Grin
and i never turn off hyper-threading, getting alot of advantage in all games like battlefield 4, Crysis 3 etc.
Yep I was surprised the other day when I tried OpenGL. Silky smooth as butter as as fast or faster than DX9 was, at least that's the case with my i7 950 @ 3.8Ghz or 4Ghz and GTX 460's.

For me it seems that EFB -> Ram is slower with OpenGL and anything higher than 2X IR slows the games. I wonder if I disable cpu efb access for games that don't require it that I'll get a nice fps boost.. Brb.