Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ronoverdrive

Basically this occurs every time I try to run a game. Dolphin just locks up and crashes with the following exception in the exceptioninfo.txt:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00905528 : ?

I've tried both Stable and multiple Dev releases. I've tried D3D9c, D3D11, and OpenGL for the backend and the same thing happens. My drivers are up to date, DirectX is up to date, and my PC was built by me recently: Saphire Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X, AMD FX-8350, 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaw-Z RAM, Win7 64bit. Honestly I'm at a loss here because I'm no stranger to emulation nor PC's so there's gotta be something I'm missing here. Can anyone help?
Try with latest dev and see if it still happens. Which games have you tried?

ronoverdrive

I've tried with the latest dev, still crashes every time. I've tried Zelda Twilight Princess, Paper Mario, and Mario Sunshine so far.
Do you have the latest Visual C++ installed and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed?

ronoverdrive

(09-01-2014, 04:22 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the latest Visual C++ installed and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed?

Yep that I do.
A Google search shows nothing but an odd bug taken care of in 2011.....
Something is clearly missing or broken on your computer. Check Windows update for any updates. Also try unchecking EuroPal60 mode in Dolphin under Config.Wii