Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Reinstalled Computer. How do I Transfer Saves Over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have reinstalled my computer but I don't know how to transfer saves in the gamecube games over. I copied the Dolphin Emulator folder in my documents over. My wii saves work fine but not my gamecube saves. I'm guessing I forgot to do something but I don't know what. Can anyone help me out?
The default GC saves are in My Documents (or simply Documents)/Dolphin Emulator/GC.
(09-01-2014, 03:39 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]The default GC saves are in My Documents (or simply Documents)/Dolphin Emulator/GC.

I did transfer the whole Dolphin Emulator folder over though. The wii saves are still there but not the gamecube saves.
Where you using memory cards or GCI folder?
I am using the file (C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC\MemoryCardA.USA.raw) which was transferred over from the backup before the reinstall and it's using that file. It just doesn't seem to find any saves in it even though it's the same file from before when it did work.
That's weird. Post pics of your Dolphin config?
I just reinstalled Windows cause mine crashed, and everything works fine for me.
One way you can check if the memory card contains any save games is to go to Tools -> Memory Card Manager in Dolphin and load up that memory card. If it's empty... well.. it's empty.
Last but not least, fill in your specs on your profile and update to the latest build please.
I have filled in the my specs. I'm currently using Dolphin 4.0.2 64-bit. The latest stable build and the same build as before when the memory card did work.

I checked the memory card using the manager and I did find the save in it so it is there. I just can't seem to get the game to load it.
Try the latest dev build. Then under GameCube, click on the little button next to the dropdown for memory card A. Then navigate to the memory card and select it
Pages: 1 2