Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing Every 10-15 mins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

semisenu

Hello to all,

I am very confused as to why the emulator keeps hanging/freezing and prompting me to close the program every 10 to 15 minutes. It even does this while the emulator is on without running any games. Can someone please be of help?

Thank you very much,
semisenu~
Try changing your audio backend, if i remember correctly there is a bug with xaudio in windows 8 systems that causes this issue. That or try the latest dev version, it might have been fixed (don't have windows 8 to test).

semisenu

(08-31-2014, 10:05 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing your audio backend, if i remember correctly there is a bug with xaudio in windows 8 systems that causes this issue. That or try the latest dev version, it might have been fixed (don't have windows 8 to test).

Thank you! So is OpenAL recommended or DSound?
Dsound was removed in the latest dev builds because it was a holdover from Windows XP. OpenAL is your friends. Also, update to the latest revision
It should be fixed on latest builds. If not, post a crash dump.
Don't just work around the problem by changing settings to avoid the crash...that doesn't help anyone.