Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lag on most games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KiRiku555

I have been trying unsuccesfully to play Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, Simpsons: Hit and Run and Buffy: Chaos Bleeds at a decent speed. I have 30fps most of the time which should mean the games run fluidly however Spyro seems to be in slow motion and there is noticeable lag when at or below 30 in the other two games. Zelda: Collectors edition however seems to work fine. I am very confused as to why there is so much lag as my CPU is one of the best mobile CPU available, and my GPU is good enough to run most modern games on ultra. I have tried editing every setting inside and outside of dolphin I can think of and have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any suggestion?

My specs: Intel i7-4700MQ @2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M 2GB VRAM
16GB GDDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Dolphin 4.0-2797
(08-30-2014, 05:17 AM)KiRiku555 Wrote: [ -> ]I am very confused as to why there is so much lag as my CPU is one of the best mobile CPU available, and my GPU is good enough to run most modern games on ultra

You've got a good mobile CPU but that doesn't mean you can play all games. Above all when they're pretty or very demanding. No laptop can do that.

Dolphin isn't GPU dependent (except for graphic quality) so it isn't relevant here

KiRiku555

(08-30-2014, 07:23 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2014, 05:17 AM)KiRiku555 Wrote: [ -> ]I am very confused as to why there is so much lag as my CPU is one of the best mobile CPU available, and my GPU is good enough to run most modern games on ultra

You've got a good mobile CPU but that doesn't mean you can play all games. Above all when they're pretty or very demanding. No laptop can do that.

Dolphin isn't GPU dependent (except for graphic quality) so it isn't relevant here

I understand that but Buffy is not a pretty game. Plus with Simpsons: Hit and Run my fps stays at ~60fps for a while then drops to ~30.
Also 30fps is playable. Out of these 3 only buffy is. Spyro looks like it is being played back at 1/8 speed. There is no real lag or performance drop. I can't understand why a game lags at 30fps
You mean the game still "looks" like going full speed, even though it´s marking 30 FPS?

KiRiku555

(08-30-2014, 08:23 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the game still "looks" like going full speed, even though it´s marking 30 FPS?

For example on spyro if I jumped it would take ~5 seconds for spyro to start jumping. It looks like it's being displayed at 1fps, but dolphin it's telling me it is at 30