Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance hit after shutting down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I have noticed while using the latest developer versions that when shutting down Dolphin something still seems to be resident in memory because
if I load up an explorer window, grab it with my mouse pointer and move from side to side, there is a lot of lag going on. I am using a 3D monitor
running at 120hz and normally moving windows around the screen is smooth as butter, but after using Dolphin its very jerky indeed. If I reset my
pc and try again (before) using Dolphin, it's back to it's smoothness again. I have no other programs running apart from the usual win7 taskbar
background tasks (anti-virus etc).

Oh, I have also noticed this behaviour while scrolling my browser window (firefox) up & down with the mouse wheel. Jerky again unless I reset pc.
I've looked at the task manager and can't see anything obvious.

I was wondering if other users could fire there Dolphin up, quit and try the same experiment.

Just wanted to be sure, this is driving me crazy!

TIA
It could also happen because of overheating. Get HWmonitor and post your temps while running Dolphin.
No need as this happens without a game running. Just need to load up dolphin and then quit. This seems to be about the emulator itself and not about
the games. Besides, I have a big heatsink, Coolmaster Storm case, good airflow and all temps I see (using RealTemp) are way below there peak level.

No worries. Thanks for the reply.