Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Versions laggy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys! I am experiencing lag while trying to play New Super Mario Bros wii. on the latest version of Dolphin where as I don't have lag (very smooth) while playing on an older version of Dolphin (Version 3.5). The reason why I am using the latest version is that I want to play online with my friends using Netplay. Can someone tell me why its not lagging in an older version but lagging in a new version? Isnt it supposed to be getting better instead of getting worse? Is it possible for me to merge Wii controller into the older version of Netplay? Or could anyone of you guys do it :\ Because new version of Dolphin doesn't seems to like us very well.

antony4u

yes please help me too....new versions are laaagy...but 3.5 version works correctly...but no optiion for wiimote netplay.....please any developers requesting you to modify 3.5 version with wiimote netplay...thankyou..for creating this thread
@Artscollision: please list your exact CPU model. Also, did you follow the netplay guide?

@antony4u: learn how to use proper grammar Tongue Your CPU is old. Overclock it for more speed, but even then you probably won't get fullspeed.
(08-29-2014, 03:23 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]@Artscollision: please list your exact CPU model. Also, did you follow the netplay guide?

@antony4u: learn how to use proper grammar Tongue Your CPU is old. Overclock it for more speed, but even then you probably won't get fullspeed.

Yes the lag is not only on Netplay but also for normal mode. All I wanna know is why is the game smooth on version 3.5 but laggy on version 4.0 upwards :S
Because speed isn't the only thing for an emulator, you know. There's this whole thing about accuracy, which sometimes requires a trade off between speed. anyway, I'm betting 3.5 is slowing down, but the asynchronous audio makes you not notice it. Then again, the asynchronous audio would be impossible for netplay, so the complaint is moot.
Ah okay! I see that every few minutes/hours there are new patches being released. I was wondering if its possible for someone to kindly make a release of Dolphin 3.5 with Wiimote enabled on Netplay :S It would solve all my lag issues Sad
Nope. So much has changed in the way Dolphin handles pretty much everything, that trying to hack in the Wiimote on Netplay would be pretty hard.

Also, whats your exact CPU and GPU?
(08-29-2014, 04:56 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. So much has changed in the way Dolphin handles pretty much everything, that trying to hack in the Wiimote on Netplay would be pretty hard.

Also, whats your exact CPU and GPU?

Aw. Too bad :\ Guess we wont be able to do the net play then! Because we dont have lag on that version (3.5) but the latest version just sucks. And I'm running on Core i5 @ 2.30 GHz with 4 GB RAM and Intel HD graphics family + nvidia geforce (however it only detects Intel graphics).
He refers to exact i5 model; there are plenty of thm out there.
SPECIFIC model numbers please, like i5-xxxx and Nvidia XXX. Because not all of them are equal in power, and model number is related to speed in Dolphin.

To run using your Nvidia GPU, leave the adapter in Dolphin to the default, and in the Nvidia Control Panel, set it to use High performance graphics
Pages: 1 2