Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Directx11 stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

When I play in DX11 there is a lot of micro-stuttering in GC and Wii games too, even if the fps are stable at 60.
I don't have this problem with DX11 games.

I tried many many different settings on dolphin and gpu control panel, clean install gpu drivers...nothing changed.
With OpenGL all is smooth!

4770k, 16gb ram, 770gtx 2gb, Asus z87 Plus

Any advice?

Thx
Have you downloaded the "DirectX Web Updater" ?

Also, don't force any settings through the Nvidia Control Panel, except for Prefer maximum power
http://www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/...aspx?id=35
It will show you the page in spanish tho, because my computer language is in spanish. You can download it in english.
It says my directx11 were already updated!

Other way to go?
Update your profile please Smile

Did you try the latest dev builds?
I tried the latest build, the 4.0.2, the 4.0.0, the 3.5 and the 3.0

The only one without problem was the 3.0, I found out that it is limited to 3x rescal so I tried the 3x on the 4.0.2 and the microstutter was almost gone...with other resolution (also the original) the stutter persist, this sounds really strange to me for my knowledge!

I also noticed that on Mario Kart Double Dash the texture are appearing with 1/1.5 sec of delay, in the first race of the first championship you see 2 trees on the left...they swap from nothing if I use DX11! Just an example but maybe is useful!

I also tried moving all on my SSD but nothing!
That's pretty weird. Upload pictures of your Graphics tab and Config tab from Dolphin 4.0-dev build to an image site (say imgur), and then link to them here so we can take a look at how you have things set up.
I was playing 1920x1080, 4x rescal EFB Copies, Hack Widescreen, Aspect Ratio 16:9, Full Screen, DSP Recompiler, other on default...but I tried changing these already!

EDIT
Oh ok just seen your post!
(08-29-2014, 07:30 AM)Corvino Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the latest build, the 4.0.2, the 4.0.0, the 3.5 and the 3.0

The only one without problem was the 3.0, I found out that it is limited to 3x rescal so I tried the 3x on the 4.0.2 and the microstutter was almost gone...with other resolution (also the original) the stutter persist, this sounds really strange to me for my knowledge!

I also noticed that on Mario Kart Double Dash the texture are appearing with 1/1.5 sec of delay, in the first race of the first championship you see 2 trees on the left...they swap from nothing if I use DX11! Just an example but maybe is useful!

I also tried moving all on my SSD but nothing!

So unfortunatly is not the rescal thing, Dolphin 3.0 for some reason is the only one that play smooth on DX11 for me!
I'll post the settings screens tomorrow!

Thx again
We'll wait to see those settings.