Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to disable the startup scan for games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time you start dolphin, it scans the games you have. What is it scanning exactly? Is there a way to turn this off so it loads up instantly like most other emulators?

The reason I want this mostly is im setting up an emulator front end for my PC, and it requires launching dolphin from command line. Even when it already has the game it wants to load, dolphin does that scan before loading and starting the game, and it would be nice if its possible to turn that feature off so it loads quicker and makes the front end load smoother. my other emulators, when a game is launched, the screen fades to black and then starts up the game. Basically trying to make it not show the desktop upon launch.
Don't set any ISO directories?
(08-28-2014, 05:44 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't set any ISO directories?

Hmmm. Interesting! I'll try that. Smile but I'd still like to be able to manually run dolphin from time to time when testing other things, but just for the front end part, your suggestion should work. Thanks!

In the meantime, does anyone know of any other way to disable it? A command line command? A setting I'm missing somewhere?

Why does it have to scan every boot up? Why not have it already know what games you have then either refresh when adding a new game, or detect a new game somehow.
I think this way will boot right to your games "SET THE PAT OF YOUR DOLPHIN.EXE HERE" /e "SET THE PAT FORM YOUR GAME HERE" /b

Make sure there are no spaces in your game iso name, like "Sonic Colors.iso" won't work, use "Sonic-Colors.iso" instead.
(08-29-2014, 01:39 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I think this way will boot right to your games "SET THE PAT OF YOUR DOLPHIN.EXE HERE" /e "SET THE PAT FORM YOUR GAME HERE" /b

Make sure there are no spaces in your game iso name, like "Sonic Colors.iso" won't work, use "Sonic-Colors.iso" instead.

Just wanted to update to point out that this worked. thanks very much, KHg8m3r!
No prob. It's what I use with Steam, and I got it from the Steam page somewhere on this forum.