Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I have a problem with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chaosdragoon13

Hello everyone, i am a new member and there is a slight problem with my dolphin emulator and it is something i dont know how to fix. At first it works fine, when i open a game it works fine but when i try to open the game again a message window appears and says "Dolphin.exe has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." And then i just close the program and nothing changes, please if there is anyone who knows how to fix this please help me out.

If you need any extra information just say so and i will post it immediately. Thank you.
Are you using the keyboard, or a controller?

Are all your drivers up to date?

What backend are you using?

What games is this happening on?

chaosdragoon13

1. I am not using a controller and if i was, then it would be a ps2 controller because i found a way to use it on this emulator.
2. Nothing is up to date because this is a perfectly new computer, i think its only 3 days old.
3. I dont know what is a backend so please explain to me in your next reply.
4. And this is happening to every game i ever used which are sonic adventure 2 battle and sonic adventure DX.
First off, your computer runs a low voltage CPU. Don't expect medium to demanding games to run at fullspeed.

Go to the intel driver update to get the latest driver updates, and the latest amd drivers. Also, what version of windows are you on?

Are you using the D3D or OpenGL video backend? Under graphics, it's the first drop down tab

chaosdragoon13

I am using windows 8 and the backend is OpenGL.
Install all Windows updates and then update to Windows 8.1.
Check under DSP to see what sound backend you're using. If Xaudio2, try switching to OpenAL, as some Windows 8/8.1 users have had issues with it (its an OS bug with certain drivers and can affect other games, not Dolphin specific).
Try switching over to the D3D backend. Then Google "DirectX Web update" and run that program to update your DirectX

chaosdragoon13

It worked!!! Thank you so much, you helped me and it worked. I am very grateful and i dont know how to express my thanks.
Enjoy your games Smile