Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator freezes game emulation and reset doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What I mean is that at random times no matter what game it is the FPS will drop to 0 and stay there. The emulator itself is still running fine and normally. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

I don't think reset has ever worked from what I remember. Does it just not work? Or is there something special you have to do to make it work?

Dolphin build version 4.0-2704

I5 3570 4.2ghz
2gb 6950
8GB DDR3
This is a useless post because you don't say what games your playing. Saying every game isn't useful because if it was every game happening to everyone it'd obviously be reported already.
Well The main game I am playing at the moment is Arc Rise Fantasia. So it does it with that one for sure.
Do you have any more common games that this may be happening in? So I could confirm this is a global problem?
Hmm, are you using a HDD? In which condition is it? It sounds like there's a chance that Dolphin might be waiting for the HDD. Can you try to put the .isos on a different hard drive or even an usb flash drive and try again?

@JMC47 and anybody who might know this:
What happens in Dolpin if reading the .iso file takes several second instead of x ms? Could this be causing this kind of problem? Is there some log file that could help here?
Well it doesn't happen often at all. So I'm not that worried about it. So testing other game could prove to be a LONG process. If I see it in other games I will let you know.

According to Crystal Disk Info. Both my ddrives are in good health. I can put the game on my 2nd drive and see if it still does it though.
@mimimi: Dolphin usually loads the games faster than the GC/Wii could because they were reading optical disks, while Dolphin loads off of way faster hard drive

@fade2black001: try the latest dev build
Different HDD doesn't work.

Latest dev build? Those come out like what every 4-12 hours? One will loose their mind trying to keep track of them all.... By the time I will have any info on it I bet at least 2-3 other builds will be out by then.... In other words I won't be able to keep up.
Don't worry about keeping up to date every few hours. I am a heavy user of Dolphin, and I only update every few days.
I'm not really a heavy user and I update mainly every 3-6 months. Anyways... I somehow doubt it would fix anything. I played the game before on a earlier version and it didn't have this problem. I think It was some 3.5 version. So this problem hasn't always been here.
Pages: 1 2