Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any easy way to obtain ELF from WBFS file on Windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lampuiho

I would like to do this (like I mentioned in the topic) please. I can't mount wbfs with Dokan. Wondering how exactly I can browse WBFS file under windows?

Thanks
You can extract the files from the wbfs using the following list of commands in Dolphin:

Right click the game in the game list
Select "Properties"
Select "Filesystem" tab
Right click on "Disc"
Select "Extract All Files..."

lampuiho

(08-26-2014, 01:21 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]You can extract the files from the wbfs using the following list of commands in Dolphin:

Right click the game in the game list
Select "Properties"
Select "Filesystem" tab
Right click on "Disc"
Select "Extract All Files..."

Oh right thanks. Now I can see the Files. It was hidden by the left/right buttons.
However, I don't see an executable binary file (whatever the extension it is on WII. I believe it's WAD) in there.
Some more help please. It's for the game Xenoblade.
You're looking for a .dol. .wad is used for WiiWare/Virtual Console games and is closer to an installable package file, while .elf is usually only used by homebrew AFAIK.

lampuiho

(08-27-2014, 03:08 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]You're looking for a .dol. .wad is used for WiiWare/Virtual Console games and is closer to an installable package file, while .elf is usually only used by homebrew AFAIK.
Thanks but I don't see any .dol either :?
Ah, right, it doesn't show the .dol in that view. Just right-click the game partition > Extract DOL. Extract All Files also extracts the apploader and .dol.