Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SweetFX?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I dont know if this really is a question for Dolphin people since it's about another program. But does anyone know how the hell I can make SweetFX work for Dolphin in Win 8.1?! Because there are guides where they use another software called "Radeon Pro" and it's supposed to work. But I just can't make it work! I have tried all kinds of different .dll files ... this is one guide I have followed exactly as it is written - http://www.overclock.net/t/1485750/how-t...indows-8-1

I have tried with both DX9 and 11. It just wont load. I have two GTX 760 if someone wonders. Well, in this(Dolphin)case, one..
SweetFX works only on 32x versions of Dolphin and on DX9 backend. All you have to do is dump everything to where your Dolphin.exe directory is. As far as Radeon Pro is concerned never used it.
(08-26-2014, 02:57 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]SweetFX works only on 32x versions of Dolphin and on DX9 backend. All you have to do is dump everything to where your Dolphin.exe directory is. As far as Radeon Pro is concerned never used it.

Yeah, thanx. But I have tried everything. It says "Dolphin has stopped working" no matter what. It just doesnt work Sad
(08-26-2014, 03:09 AM)MikeVincent Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2014, 02:57 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]SweetFX works only on 32x versions of Dolphin and on DX9 backend. All you have to do is dump everything to where your Dolphin.exe directory is. As far as Radeon Pro is concerned never used it.

Yeah, thanx. But I have tried everything. It says "Dolphin has stopped working" no matter what. It just doesnt work Sad

Are you using 32x version of Dolphin and DX9 backend? Dolphin dropped 32x builds a while back so make sure you're using the correct version.
(08-26-2014, 03:44 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2014, 03:09 AM)MikeVincent Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you using 32x version of Dolphin and DX9 backend? Dolphin dropped 32x builds a while back so make sure you're using the correct version.

Yes I have tried different 32bit versions of Dolphin. I can't get SweetFX to work on any other game either. So it's probably my computer that doesnt like me, it's usually like that...
A) I'm pretty sure that there are 64-bit builds of SweetFX available. It's ENB that only comes in 32-bit, and only because Boris is a testicle and refuses to compile a 64-bit build.

B) There are other ways of injecting post processing shaders into Dolphin. There's a thread somewhere with a tutorial and a preset.
(08-26-2014, 08:01 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]A) I'm pretty sure that there are 64-bit builds of SweetFX available. It's ENB that only comes in 32-bit, and only because Boris is a testicle and refuses to compile a 64-bit build.

B) There are other ways of injecting post processing shaders into Dolphin. There's a thread somewhere with a tutorial and a preset.

A) There are 64-bit builds of SweetFX but it is incomplete and not working properly. I've read complaints of people having graphical and shader glitches as well as games not working correctly.

B) Yes there is DolphinFX for OpenGL and what not, it all depends on which one you want to use.

@MikeVincent: Try getting SweetFX from somewhere else, it might be that the one your getting is missing a file and see if that works.