Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical Twitch when moving in games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some games(wii) run perfect for me on max settings except the occasional graphic twitch especially when im moving. It's a minor issue & it doesn't affect the FPS, but it would be cool to get it to run perfectly smooth, if possible. Any suggestions? Do i need better specs? Lower my settings? If anyone could help, I would be eternally grateful. My specs:
Windows 8.1
intel core i7 4770k CPU @ 3.50 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
2 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, 120 GB Solid State Drive
Radeon R9 270X 2GB graphics

Thanks!
Graphical twitch? Like the video appears to be "stuttering"?

If you're playing a game for the very first time, this may be just the shader cache trying to build. Dolphin generates shaders for each game on the fly, but it stores them for later use so it only has to (ideally) generate them once. The whole process can momentarily slow down Dolphin and cause disturbances in the video and/or audio. Try playing around for a while and check again.

(08-25-2014, 07:07 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Graphical twitch? Like the video appears to be "stuttering"?

If you're playing a game for the very first time, this may be just the shader cache trying to build. Dolphin generates shaders for each game on the fly, but it stores them for later use so it only has to (ideally) generate them once. The whole process can momentarily slow down Dolphin and cause disturbances in the video and/or audio. Try playing around for a while and check again.

thanks for the response. Ive been messing around with all the graphics settings but its still happening. Ive played about 10+ hours of the game. Its a horizontal twitch that occurs when the game is moving. im playing super mario bros wii mostly right now and right when i start the game i notice it on the transitions between the wii safety remote part to the main menu screen and during the game. basically whenever the game is moving. It only seems to occur during full screen mode. it runs perfect smooth in the little window when not in full screen mode. This actually used to happen to me when playing skyrim (steam download) on fullscreen. Im thinking it might be my monitor as I am using a 1080p 55 inch LG tv as my pc monitor. Don't know if you'd know anything about that, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks for your help Smile
Do you have vsync enabled?
(08-25-2014, 08:45 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have vsync enabled?

Problem solved! Just needed to enable Vsync. Runs smooth now. Thanks sooo much guys!