Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Netplay - Connectivity Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Enophi

Hi there,

I've helped 4 of my friends set up Dolphin for Netplay. We are all using the same revision (DC Netplay 4.0-652), and we're all using the exact same settings.

However, I managed to get it semi-working with only 2 of these friends. I say semi, because I can connect to their hosted games, but they cannot connect to mine. For the other 2 friends, neither of us can connect to each other.

This is extremely frustrating, because all 4 of us have done these things:
- All firewalls (including router) turned off, OR made an exception for Dolphin
- Have uPnP and/or DMZ turned ON for port forwarding
- Directly connected our PC's to the internet via LAN cables
- Tried turning Intrusion Detection off in Router settings

I've ran out of connection-related solutions to fix this, and would appreciate some assistance asap. The only reason I got it semi working with 2 of my friends was because they turned on DMZ or uPnP. Yet, this is refusing to work for the other 2. What is also confusing me, is this revision of Dolphin doesn't need ports forwarded, yet turning on port forwarding fixed our connectivity issues.

Thanks in advance!

*UPDATE*

I went into my Thomson tg782t settings and created a port for both UDP and TCP for netplay. I then went into Dolphin>Configure, put 2626 in the Forward Listen Port, and activated it. When hosting a game, I give my friend my IP address + the port number (ignoring the ID), and they can connect to my lobby. It looked like this 000.000.00.00:2626 (replace 0s with proper IP numbers).

However, I could not connect to my friend's hosted game. So this issue remains semi-resolved.
If you want to be able to connect to their host game, you have to make their host port the same one that you opened.

Enophi

Thanks JMC. The friend who I originally could not play the game with, can now connect to me since he forwarded the same 2626 port on his own router.

However, the only way I can play with people is if I give out my IP address+ the port number that we both have forwarded in our router settings. I am not comfortable giving out my IP so freely, or asking them to forward ports through their router just so we can play. I'm still looking for a proper solution that will let me use ID's hassle-free.

(08-25-2014, 02:53 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to be able to connect to their host game, you have to make their host port the same one that you opened.

Sorry, was meant to reply the above post to your name.
Your router is blocking it, I don't know if there's anything we can do about it. You can try flipping options on your router until it works or you lose internet, I guess Tongue.