Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Joybus slows VBA-M down to 3%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I posted another question about linking between a Gamecube game on Dolphin and a GBA game on VBA-M here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...#pid335945

Now, I've managed to get the link to work perfectly well - the only issue is, when I use the link feature, VBA-M's speed drops to 3% while Dolphin's speed remains fine and consistent in 100%.

I'm using Intel i5-760 (4 cores x 2.8GHz) and I have 4 GB RAM. While it's not ideal for Dolphin, I doubt the speed would drop THAT harshly. Is there any way to get the speed of VBA-M to a proper playable speed?

I will gladly give any details necessary. I'm using Dolphin 3.0 (newer version cannot get the link to work for some reason) and the latest VBA-M (SVN1229) on Windows 8 x64.
It's not going to work well. I don't know all the specifics, but it's not a computer issue as much as an issue with the emulators themselves.
(08-23-2014, 09:40 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not going to work well. I don't know all the specifics, but it's not a computer issue as much as an issue with the emulators themselves.
Ah, okay then. Is the speed improved on Dolphin 4.0 with other games (since I cannot check it with these 2 games)? Or is it a known issue where every game gets this slow?
Just FYI, if you wait a few weeks/months/years/until the end of time, when Higan's GBA emulation is finished, it'll support linking with Dolphin much better than VBA-M ever has. If you can't get everything to work as it is, there's still hope, and it'll likely require far less work from you than trying to fix your existing setup.
It's not about speed, it's just bad emulation.
(08-23-2014, 09:52 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI, if you wait a few weeks/months/years/until the end of time, when Higan's GBA emulation is finished, it'll support linking with Dolphin much better than VBA-M ever has. If you can't get everything to work as it is, there's still hope, and it'll likely require far less work from you than trying to fix your existing setup.

That's very good to hear. I've just seen JMC's thread over there: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...ation-demo

And I'm honestly stunned. This emulator and its developers never cease to amaze, really. Thank you for your efforts and dedication, I hope to see this update becoming available some day Smile