Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is i3 4330 with HD4600 good enough Tiger Woods Golf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi at all,

I have a i3-4330 with GPU HD4600 and 4GB RAM. I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 headless with fluxbox.
I tried to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009. There is no problem to start the
game in 1080p but in fullscreen mod I get sound stuttering.
So maybe the Hardware is not strong enough.
Same result by World Champioship Darts 2008.
Intel HD 4600 is not good enough for 1080p gaming . You better choose custom internal resolution (IR)
You may run some light-weight games full speed with 3xIR , no Anti-aliasing , 16x AF but you have to lower the IR to 2.5x for some games or even 2xIR for demanding game
You don't need to start game in fullscreen mode , just play game in windows mode and press Alt - Enter to toggle fullscreen
Thanks for info... So I will test in custom internal resolution...
Maybe I will upgrade to a i5... but it's a HTPC and therefore it's
oversize.. anyway thanks.
I will test the latest version because of the white screen wile starting a game...
If I read it right this issue will be solved with 4.0-2691.
Quote:Maybe I will upgrade to an i5
The latest i5/i7 are packed with the same integrated GPU Intel HD 4600 ....
okay, than it make no sense
myself Wrote:just play game in windows mode and press Alt - Enter to toggle fullscreen
Oops , I forgot that you're not using windows
after 3 month with frustation, I decide to think about an upgrade of the GPU in my HTPC.
The HD4600 is realy to slow for playing some sport games...
After reading some treads here I think, a Nvidea Geforce would be a good solution.
1. Depending on my case I have to use a low profile card...
2. to be 4K ready (only for Movies) the card should provide 4k via HDMI (30Hz/24Hz)
3. the card should be quiet

I'm not shure, but I think a good choise should be the Gefroce GTX 750ti. But I don't know how noice is the fan.
The HTPC is in the living room and is used to watch LiveTV-Hd, Movies nd TV-shows.

I good side effect should be that nvidea has a very godod Deinterlacing (temporal/spatial)
So what do you think... Intel i3 4330 + Geforce GTX 750ti would be good enough to play 1080x1920?
Yes, you can hit 3-4x IR with that GPU (higher than 1080p, and then downsamples to make it look really good)
After 8 weeks I bought a KAF² GTX 750ti OC. I need a long time to get installed the right NVidia Driver in Ubuntu 14.04.
So I installed dolphin and it looks realy good...
So is there a setting guide for NVidia graphic cards? I found one unofficial for a AMD/ATI GPU...
Pages: 1 2