Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, my specs are in my signature.
A long time ago, Dolphin runned well in my video card. Then, a broken in directX plugin give me a despleasure to don't run no more games with the new plugin.
Well, no problem. Since someone "cutted" the support for DirectX plugin with a full support for OpenGL(thats, since only run in 2.1 compatibles, i can't run in my machine, with the parcially fault of Intel). I'm used the DirectX OLD plugin since then. It's a little bad to see everyone pleasing the improvements in OpenGL and i with the fated DIrectX "oldie".
But, the bad became worst... WHY THE OLD DIRECTX DON'T BE SUPPORTED ANYMORE?
Or i'm wrong and the directX was updated and i have to do any procedure?
Thank you for any info!
ok, a lot of threads about this floating around. the bottom line is that development of the directx plugin ceased in favor of the opengl plugin, because it is supported on every major operating system, whereas directx is only supported in windows. admins are currently looking for devs to continue work on the directx plugin.
Direct3D 9 plugin will be fixed in the future if anyone can figure out the problems with it, else just wait. Even if the plugin was fixed, how fast of graphics performance are you going to get on an Intel card, it looks bad from reading its specs.