Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii U support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if there will ever will be Wii U support with Dolphin? Im kinda itching to buy one but if I can wait to play them better then I will do so.
I imagine at some point there will be support for Wii U games; in fact - there is already a build of Dolphin that can recognise games in the main menu. It can't do anything else mind, purely recognise the title of the game.

HOWEVER

Don't be surprised if it isn't another 3-5, maybe even 10 years before Wii U emulation is anywhere as good as Wii and GC emulation is now. As far as I know the hardware changes between the Gamecube and the Wii weren't particularly significant; the Wii U is a different kettle of fish.

To put it into perspective; I'm running one of the most powerful setups available for Dolphin right now; and I can't get 100% on Hyrule Field even as it is now.

I'd buy one. I've done my research and decided I'll be buying one myself; otherwise you'll be waiting a while I'm afraid.
No. This has been brought up gazillion of times and the answer remains the same, regardless of what himalayan's post might say. The Dolphin build he mentioned is useless.