Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quick question Git hub related..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question does the link git hub have the latest changes or is it more of the stable build? Was looking for the dev branch on your git hub page didnt see one... Sorry for the dumb question.
(08-21-2014, 06:30 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Just use this page: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Ya not going to happen on Ubuntu 14.04.. as the normal deb package doesnt resolve depeancies sense 14.04 is not supproted. I could use the ubuntu repo but was looking to try and help with bugs. Not to mention id rather build from source
Ah yes, building in 14.04, so much fun....
Then yes, the link on the github page is the link to get the latest dev build
And also, I'm sure you know how to compile yourself, but just in case, this: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/#...-linuxos-x
(08-21-2014, 06:44 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, building in 14.04, so much fun....
Then yes, the link on the github page is the link to get the latest dev build
And also, I'm sure you know how to compile yourself, but just in case, this: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/#...-linuxos-x

Cool thanks ya i know how to compile been doing it for android for 5 years or so lol... ya 14.04 had some errors seemed to fixed it looks like when trying to build under 14.04 the reason for failing is part of the depenancies are missing and not picked up by cmake mostly with wx widigets (easy to fix by installwing the Dev package for wx widgets..)

Thanks for the quick replay also going to look at the issue for the nexus 5 rotation issue had a similar issue with video rotation on a older device a wihle back stemed from how the device undeerstood device rotation.. (prob not same issue but still)
(08-21-2014, 06:32 PM)RaverX3X Wrote: [ -> ]Ya not going to happen on Ubuntu 14.04.. as the normal deb package doesnt resolve depeancies sense 14.04 is not supproted. I could use the ubuntu repo but was looking to try and help with bugs. Not to mention id rather build from source

Im on ubuntu 14.04 to. But I only download the e.g. dolphin-master-4.0-2662_amd64.deb and do "sudo dpkg -i dolphin-master-4.0-2662_amd64.deb"
and that is all. Dolphin install without error...
Would it be better to compile by myself?
(08-21-2014, 10:50 PM)sveni_lee Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2014, 06:32 PM)RaverX3X Wrote: [ -> ]Ya not going to happen on Ubuntu 14.04.. as the normal deb package doesnt resolve depeancies sense 14.04 is not supproted. I could use the ubuntu repo but was looking to try and help with bugs. Not to mention id rather build from source

Im on ubuntu 14.04 to. But I only download the e.g. dolphin-master-4.0-2662_amd64.deb and do "sudo dpkg -i dolphin-master-4.0-2662_amd64.deb"
and that is all. Dolphin install without error...
Would it be better to compile by myself?

I tried that on my build machine kept getting un resolvable dependency errors even with with dependencies met.. Which was odd..

Anyways compileing from source really is not much diffrent then just installing the deb unless you plan on changeing source code to fit your needs and or you want to help fix bugs with the source eg you can build and test your own comments before submitting them to git hub for review then hopefully merged to upstream.