Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Internal Resolution Override?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A guy I was talking to sent me a screenshot he took in SMG2 at a ridiculously high resolution (12148x6832). I DO still have the image if you want proof. I asked him how he did it, but unfortunately he said he had forgotten... is there somewhere in Dolphin's settings to manually override the internal resolution to something that isn't one of the presets? Because that's the only way I can think of doing this.
I'm not sure if it got merged, but there was apparently a way to do it in the INIs in a pull request.
I did look through the .INIs, but I didn't find anything that seemed to pertain to resolution, which makes me really curious where Dolphin stores that setting.
EFBScale in the gfx_xxx.ini
(08-25-2014, 06:35 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]EFBScale in the gfx_xxx.ini

Thanks a lot for the info...but that doesn't really tell me enough, could you give me an example or explain how it works?
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd report my results... It seems that changing the number to anything that is not recognized by the emulator makes it go back to 1x internal resolution (I changed EFBScale to 10, and then 15 with the same results). So I guess it's not possible in new Dolphin builds? Either that or I'm doing something wrong.
(08-25-2014, 11:14 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd report my results... It seems that changing the number to anything that is not recognized by the emulator makes it go back to 1x internal resolution (I changed EFBScale to 10, and then 15 with the same results). So I guess it's not possible in new Dolphin builds? Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

There is that pull request mentioned that has not be merged so no for now it is not possible to use values other than the supported ones. See this thread of how it works per game for the supported resolutions. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
Ah, thanks a lot for that info. BTW, I'm super nooby and don't know what a pull request is, so I don't really know what to make of that information. But is there somewhere that I could make a suggestion to a developer for this to happen?
It's already done by Rachel, but it needs to be checked and agreed upon before it gets merged. Here is the pull request.
(08-25-2014, 09:09 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]It's already done by Rachel, but it needs to be checked and agreed upon before it gets merged. Here is the pull request.

And to help you even further here is a build of that pr: https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-578-do...est-x64.7z if you want to test it out.
Pages: 1 2