Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will My Computer Build Be Able To Run GameCube Games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am aware. But I'm not really looking to spend money for an i5. Also they seem to come with a higher TDP than that of the i3 4370 and G3258 which is an important factor in my tiny case. Would you consider the i3 4370 3,8 GHz a step in the right direction regarding handling several applications due to the hyperthreading? I suspect it isn't quite as much power as a quadcore but as stated, maybe it's a step in that direction?

A sidenote would be that I'm planning to use both Windows and Linux where Linux, according to my understanding of it, uses way less resources for background processes etc. Although I've heard Dolphin runs best on Windows 7.
As i said earlier the i3 is probably good enough for what you want
On Windows you get D3D, which may work better for some games.
AnyOldName3 Wrote:An overclocked G3258 will put out similar levels of heat to a stock 4690K, so in most cases the stock cooler is adequate.

Don't the pentium/celeron cpus come with a smaller stock cooler though?
As far as I'm aware, there's only one version. Google isn't being particularly helpful today.
Intel doesn't publish that data unfortunately. And reviewers never mention it either. But the big sites used to evaluate them. And when they did Intel always had different coolers for its different TDP models. Particularly dual core vs. quad core. I don't see why they would have changed this in the past few years. Perhaps the G3258 is an exception because it's an "anniversary edition"?
Pages: 1 2