Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my Laptop do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, to start, here are my specs.

ASUS Laptop
Intel Core I7-4500U (Dual-Core)
Speed: 2.4ghz - 3.0ghz
Graphics: Nividia GeForce 745M
RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 1920x1080

Games I plan on playing:
Twilight Princess (Tested, works at around 25-30fps).
SSB Melee, and Brawl (Tested on Melee, perfect 30fps).

EDIT:
Mario Kart Wii (Tested, works around 55-60, rarely under that).
Your CPU is an ultra low voltage (ULV) CPU. It's clocked lower than a regular CPU to keep power consumption low. The results you're getting are typical results.
To maximize your gaming performance, keep the laptop plugged in when you're running dolphin, set the power management to high performance, and use the Intel HD graphics to prevent thermal throttling. You'll still be able to reach between 2-3x IR with it. Also use the latest dev builds, as they're the fastest
(08-21-2014, 01:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is an ultra low voltage (ULV) CPU. It's clocked lower than a regular CPU to keep power consumption low. The results you're getting are typical results.
To maximize your gaming performance, keep the laptop plugged in when you're running dolphin, set the power management to high performance, and use the Intel HD graphics to prevent thermal throttling. You'll still be able to reach between 2-3x IR with it. Also use the latest dev builds, as they're the fastest

I am using High Performance and Intel HD, thanks!
Do the games run a bit more smoothly now?
Actually I had set them to those settings already (I have had dolphin before, but on a lower-end Laptop)
My next test will be MK Wii. Thanks for helping!
wow, i'm getting a fairly solid 30fps on 3.6ghz AMD Regor 240 which i would think is vastly inferior to your i7 dual core, and i havea GT640. granted it's desktop stuff. what frames are you getting in Skyword sword?

EDIT: i'm running at 1360x768 though.
(08-23-2014, 12:49 AM)cdoublejj Wrote: [ -> ]wow, i'm getting a fairly solid 30fps on 3.6ghz AMD Regor 240 which i would think is vastly inferior to your i7 dual core, and i havea GT640. granted it's desktop stuff. what frames are you getting in Skyword sword?

EDIT: i'm running at 1360x768 though.

Actually, I haven't tried skyword sword yet. But I will have to!
I run at 1920x1080, but at scale x1, I could try a lower resolution, but it would probably look like crap on my laptop.
768 vertical res or even 800, should scale better than SD. I don't understand the 1x scaling stuff for all i know that may be why i'm getting better performance.
Well, I will have to tinker with it. I'll post anything, if I get a difference.