Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC that should run fine is lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RiotShielder

Hey guys! I bought a bluetooth adapter and wii sensor bar so I could play Skyward Sword on my desktop. They came in today and I set it up fine, however whenever I try to play, I get insane lag (15fps). I don't understand as I have a pretty good computer.

CPU AMD 8350
GPU NVIDIA 750 Ti
RAM 8GB 1600 MHz
OS Windows 8.1

I'm playing these on the absolute minimum settings, and it's lagging so bad it's impossible to do anything. I'd be happy to give more information if needed. I know that AMD CPUs aren't great for Dolphin, but I'm fairly sure the 8350 should be able to run it at lowest settings.

Any help would be appreciated.
First, what games are you trying to play? Also, by minimum settings I think you mean IR set to 1x with HLE audio and EFB to texture. If not, then try those settings. Also, There isn't really a low settings for dolphin. GPU wise, there is the internal resolution, but if your cpu isn't good IPC wise than Dolphin will suffer. And yours is not good IPC wise. Although it should be able to run most games well. Skyward Sword, SMG 1&2, and a few other demanding games will suffer alot though. Again, tell me what games you are trying to play and I'l try to help but the only thing to really fix this is build a new computer.(Or just buy a new Intel Mobo/Cpu)
Quote: 8350 should be able to run it at lowest settings
You misunderstood how dolphin work
Low settings or high settings is based on your GPU power . The more powerful the graphics card, the more pixels and enhancements you can throw at it before you’ll see slowdown.
Faster CPU will have better performance in Dolphin , CPU has nothing to do with low settings or high settings
Not to mention that that thing is pretty unbalanced. Why use a 8-Core processor if you only have a GTX750ti?
What they're saying is true, but you should be getting a little better than 15 fps. Overclock your CPU as far as you deem safe, as it's free performance. Make sure you have windows power management set to high performance, and under Nvidia control panel, under 3d settings, you have a dolphin profile that is set to use maximum performance. Then use the latest dev builds.
Don't expect fullspeed but you should get more than 15

RiotShielder

I deleted all dolphin files and used the latest dev version, and tweaked some of my GPU settings, I'm getting amazing performance now, 30FPS with 2x native resolution. Thanks for the help everyone.