Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I apologize in advance for my english (I'm french), I am able to speak and understand but when it comes to computers in english, it's a little bit more complicated :p

My computer : http://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/products/laptop...ab%3Dspecs
(Sorry the website is in french, I don't know how to put it in english)

It's the first time I'm using Dolphin. I started playing Super Mario Sunshine. At first, there were a few slow downs with the beginning of the game (just for the small videos), when I was playing the game, apparently there were no problems or slow downs.

But now, the game crashes after 10/15 minutes, I haven't changed anything about the settings because I don't know anything about the technical stuff.

What are the best settings for my computer in order to play normally, without slow downs or crashes, but with the best graphics I can have considering my computer ?

Thank you for your help, I'd appreciate it.
please post screenshots of your current settings.
There you go, the screenshots.

Sorry I couldn't find how to switch it to english, but I think you'll understand it. Thanks for your answer.
It sounds like it may be overheating issues; none of your settings seem to be problematic.
I'm using a cooler, isn't it enough to cool it down ? :/

Are you sure there's nothing I have to change to use Dolphin better ?
You mean a cooler pad? Those are pretty bad, won´t do much when running Dolphin. The thing you need to change is the thermal paste that is likely dead.
My cooler pad works pretty well actually, I can really feel that my laptop isn't getting hotter. And my computer is like 6 weeks old and I was very careful with it so I don't think anything is dead already.
Just make sure you use some kind of temperature monitor software. That's a low power processor; if they skimped on fans, then it's very possible Dolphin could overheat it.
IIRC, installing certain Windows updates fixes this issue most of the time. Has Windows Update been nagging you at all?
No problem with the Windows Updates.

I actually played a little bit yesterday evening and this morning and it didn't crsh. I haven't changed anything though.
I guess it just has to happen sometimes.